Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Manic Mondays..!!

Well, contrary to what I've written as "Manic Mondays", Mondays are not manic at all. Quite the opposite I must say.

Mondays can be safely termed as dull, boring, and sleepy, and the one thing which I absolutely hate is waking up to another Monday morning.

It is all very nice for the Tom Sawyers of this world, pretending tooth ache and going to the extent of even losing the tooth in question and conveniently missing school on Monday.

If only it were as convenient for us poor employees.

Ahh!! well, I don’t deny that I exercise my little gray cells on Sunday evening and think of probable and convincing excuses for going in a couple of hours late on Mondays.

My favorites being, a visit to the doctor (I have an unbearable pain in my tummy!), a visit to the bank (have to send money home, they need it badly!), car tire punctured (we both know I'm lying, but try proving it!) and, the most classic excuse of all, which the boss cannot refute in the most extreme of circumstances - Traffic Jam.

Traffic jams are a boon to us here in Hongkong, and invariably used by more than 50% latecomers.

The rest is all quite easy, and something I'm quite adept at... Pretending to be busy and harassed at work, giving the boss an impression that you are one of the few hard workers left in this world; roam around the office a couple of times during the day, shuffling a few papers and muttering to yourself; this also gives the boss the same impression.

Open Gtalk and Yahoo Messenger stealthily, and chat to your heart's content. Before you know it, its evening, time to leave, and that’s another dreaded Monday laid to rest.

In relative peace… I must say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment